Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Car wash

The other day my hubby and I got my car washed and when you are finished and drive out there is a man waiting to give it a towel dry....This guy had tattoos all over his arms and it would be easy to judge him but he worked real hard and did a good job. Hubby only had a $5.00 bill on him and asked the man to give him back 3 ones which would give him a $2.00 tip...the man said he would have to go inside to get the change, came out and handed my hubby the ones and we headed home. About half way home my hubby looks at the ones still in his hand and realizes the guy gave him all five ones and didn't keep the two for a tip..... Hubby said a bad word, turned around and went back, parked the car and walked around the car the guy was currently wiping down and handed him the two dollars.....I wished I would have had a camera! The guy was absolutely gleeful. Now, I don't think it was over the two dollars because he said over and over "Thank you for your honesty"....he waved at me and gave this big thumbs up and was just beaming.
It took very little effort and seemed to bring him such joy just doing what is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's not that people don't care...but rather, that they forget to"

The purpose of this site is to encourage each other to be kind to others, as well as to ourselves.
Anyone can join and share whatever may be encouraging.....a tip, information, experience, story, poem, quote or picture.
Click "Join" on the sidebar and you are on your way to helping make a difference!